Courtesy of Kim Stoegbauer, The TomKat Studio
Receipe Compliments of Molly Ashton, The TomKat Studio
Happy Thanksgiving Friends,
Most people agree that oh-so-seasonal pumpkin pie is one of the best things about Thanksgiving. Bake your favorite recipe or try this one and display on a pretty pedestal to remind your guests to save room for dessert.
Homemade Pumpkin Pie Recipe
- 15-ounce can pumpkin
- 14 ounces eggnog (store-bought or homemade)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 9" unbaked pie crust (store-bought or use your favorite recipe) whipped cream
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
2. In a small saucepan, slowly heat the pumpkin, spices and salt until warm; mix well.
3. Set aside and let the mixture cool slightly.
4. Add eggnog and eggs and whisk together in a medium bowl until smooth.
5. Pour into crust and bake for 15 minutes.
6. Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees and continue baking for 40 minutes, or until a knife inserted an inch from crust comes out clean.
7. Allow pie to cool then top with whipped cream before serving.
What would Thanksgiving be without pumpkin pie? Whip up this traditional dessert as the perfect finish to your Thanksgiving meal.
Check back for more great ideas from your friends at Interior Design!
Your kind contribution will allow us to continue sharing great, no cost and cost saving ideas for your space. Click the "Donate" button below to make a contribution. Thank you!