Compliments of Sam Henderson
Unleash your Halloween guests' hidden wild side with this Mr. Hyde cocktail. Made with vodka, aromatic herbs and blackberry liqueur, it's frightfully refreshing. Get the recipe below:
8 ounces vodka
4 ounces parfait amour liqueur
1 ounce blackberry liqueur
2 ounces tarragon simple syrup (recipe follows)
1 ounce fresh lemon juice
1 ounce lavender syrup, available at most liquor stores
4 lavender sprigs
dry ice (optional)
- Note: Always observe dry ice safety measures: Never touch dry ice with bare skin and do not swallow.
Yield: 4 cocktails
1. Prepare the tarragon simple syrup by placing 1 cup sugar and 1 cup water in a small saucepan.
2. Heat over medium-low heat until it reaches a low boil. Add two sprigs of fresh tarragon and reduce heat to low. Heat for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove tarragon and allow syrup to cool.
3. Place 2 blackberries on each lavender sprig and set aside. Tip: For best results, insert a toothpick through blackberry first to make a small hole for the lavender stem.
4. Cut and juice lemon. Strain to remove pulp, if desired. Add spirits, syrups and juice to a cocktail shaker filled with ice and shake until very cold (about 20 seconds).
5. Pour drink into beakers, add a small piece of dry ice (optional) and a lavender-blackberry skewer. Note: Drink is safe to consume only after dry ice has completely dissolved.
Tip: Alternatively, moisten the rim of a cocktail glass and dip in purple sanding sugar. Add cocktail and small piece of dry ice. Lay lavender-blackberry skewer across the top of the glass and serve.
Check back for more great Halloween ideas from your friends at Interior Design!
Your kind contribution will allow us to continue sharing great, no cost and cost saving ideas for your space. Click the "Donate" button below to make a contribution. Thank you!