Friday, October 7, 2016
Rice Cereal Monsters
Compliments of Sam Henderson
These treats definitely won't suck the fun out of your Halloween soiree. With vampire teeth they can keep, your guests will fall in love with these tasty nibbles at first bite.
Download Beware of Monsters Sign HERE
Get the Rice Cereal Monsters Recipe below:
8 tablespoons unsalted butter
12 cups mini marshmallows (2 bags)
1/2 teaspoon salt
12 cups rice cereal
1 teaspoon vanilla
32 chocolate or peanut butter candy pieces
16 plastic vampire teeth
printable "Beware of Monsters" sign
Yield: 16 monsters
1. Melt the butter and marshmallows in a large pot over medium low heat until all marshmallows are melted (Image 1).
2. Remove from heat and stir in salt, vanilla and cereal until fully coated with marshmallow mixture (Image 2).
3. Pour mixture into a large greased bowl or baking sheet (Image 3).
4. Use a little butter to grease hands and form balls (about 65 grams each) by pressing firmly and rolling between palms (Image 1).
5. Place tightly pressed balls on a baking sheet and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before proceeding (Image 2).
6. Using a serrated knife, carefully cut a wedge in the chilled balls large enough for the teeth to fit inside (Image 1). Tip: For best results, fold a set of teeth together and use widest part as a guide for your cut. The wedge should go to the center of the cereal ball. Save cut wedges for a later step.
7. Place the teeth inside the opening of the cereal ball and press the ball down around the teeth slightly, if necessary, to secure (Image 2).
8. Cut the ends from both sides of the wedge about 1/2 inch long (Image 1).
9. Insert the cut pieces into the opening on each side of the monster's mouth to close up the sides (Image 2).
10. Use the end of a chopstick or similar utensil to make holes for the eyes (Image 1).
11. Add candy pieces to the holes sticking straight up (Image 2).
12. Press down slightly on candy eyes to secure and store completed treats in an airtight container until ready to serve (Image 3).
13. Print "Beware of Monsters" sign onto card stock, attach to a wooden dowel or paint stick and display near treats when serving (Image 4).
Happy Halloween decorating...
Check back for more great Halloween ideas from your friends at Interior Design!
Your kind contribution will allow us to continue sharing great, no cost and cost saving ideas for your space. Click the "Donate" button below to make a contribution. Thank you!