Wednesday, November 9, 2016
Parmesan Cheddar Chive Biscuits
Compliments of Gaby Dalkin
Happy Thanksgiving Friends,
Fresh chives and both Cheddar and Parmesan cheese give these soft, flaky biscuits a savory bite your guests will love. Warm drop biscuits are a specialty. Who wouldn't love to serve them with holiday meals to soak up any extra gravy or dip in creamy mashed potatoes. The salty Parmesan and sharp Cheddar paired with the fresh chives are welcome additions to any holiday table.
Here's the recipe...
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
4 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
4 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut into small cubes
1/4 cup shredded sharp Cheddar
1/4 cup shredded Parmesan
4 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
1 cup buttermilk, chilled (plus more if needed)
1. Preheat oven to 450° F.
2. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
3. In a large bowl combine the flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda and black pepper and stir.
4. Add the cubed butter into the dry ingredients and, using a pastry cutter, cut the butter into the flour until it resembles a crumbly texture.
5. Add the cheddar, parmesan and chives and stir together.
6. Add the buttermilk to the bowl and gently stir until the dough comes together. If the dough isn't coming together, add another tablespoon of buttermilk.
7. Using your hands, tear off about 1/4 cup of dough at a time. Form it into drop biscuits and set it onto the parchment paper. Repeat this process with the remaining dough.
8. Place the baking sheet in the oven and bake for 12-15 minutes until the tops of the biscuits are golden brown. Let cool slightly and serve while still warm.
Check back for more great Thanksgiving ideas from your friends at Interior Design!
Your kind contribution will allow us to continue sharing great, no cost and cost saving ideas for your space. Click the "Donate" button below to make a contribution. Thank you!