Saturday, November 12, 2016
Tarragon Green Beans With Almonds
Compliments of H. Camille Smith
Happy Thanksgiving Friends,
Take everyone's favorite green veggie — green beans — up a notch with this flavorful recipe that features fresh herbs and a crunchy nut topping.
Tarragon Green Beans With Almonds Recipe
1 1/2 tablespoons butter
1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
1 large shallot, sliced
2 pounds green beans, trimmed
1/2 cup dry white wine
2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh tarragon, plus sprigs for garnish
1/4 cup almonds, toasted and chopped
coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
1. Melt butter with olive oil in a large, high-sided skillet over medium heat. Add shallot and cook 3 minutes until soft.
2. Add green beans and increase heat to medium-high. Gently toss to coat with shallot mixture and cook 2 minutes.
3. Add wine and cook 14 more minutes until crisp-tender.
4. Stir in tarragon and season with salt and pepper.
5. Garnish with tarragon sprigs and sprinkle with chopped almonds before serving.
Check back for more great Thanksgiving ideas from your friends at Interior Design!
Your kind contribution will allow us to continue sharing great, no cost and cost saving ideas for your space. Click the "Donate" button below to make a contribution. Thank you!