Courtesy of HGTV Magazine
Christopher Coppola/Studio D; Crafting by: Ashley Page Norton
HGTV Magazine is giving you the tools to pull off a Mother’s Day slam dunk: a DIY cosmetic pouch filled with essentials she’ll love.
Dip-Dye a Pouch
- Soak a cotton pouch in warm water, then squeeze it out.
- Partially fill a shoe box–size plastic container with hot water 2 inches high. Stir in 1 tablespoon liquid fabric dye and 1 teaspoon salt. Place the bottom of the pouch in the dye, and let sit for 15 minutes.
- Remove the pouch from the dye, and rinse it under cold water until the water runs clear. Let dry overnight.
- Click here to download the block-letter template (you'll have access to the entire alphabet). Using the template as a guide, cut an initial out of iron-on gold vinyl. Apply the letter to the pouch following the package instructions.
- Thread cord through the zipper pull, and tie it in a knot.
6" x 9" cotton canvas cosmetic bag in white, $24, frankieandcocopdx.etsy.com;
Rit liquid dye in teal, $5 for 8 ounces, joann.com;
Happy Face metallic iron-on vinyl in gold medal, $6.50 for a 12" x 19" sheet, happycrafters.com;
3-mm-wide faux-suede cord in emerald green, $3.50 for 15', naturebeads.etsy.com
Stock the Bag With Products She'll Love
1-ounce body cream in waterlily sun, $15, aerin.com; Lipstick: Revlon Ultra HD Matte lipstick in devotion, $8, target.com;
livia Garden Essentials folding brush and mirror in gold, $3, ulta.com;
Tiny Tassel 3½" cotton thread key chain in peacock and gold, $2.50, hautepinkfluff.etsy.com;
Back Me Up 2¼" x 2¼" plastic phone charger in florabunda, $30, bando.com;
Nail File: Neon Is Spot On 5" nail file, $5, tweezerman.com
Check back for more great ideas from your friends at Interior Design!
Your kind contribution will allow us to continue sharing great, no cost and cost saving ideas for your space. Click the "Donate" button below to make a contribution. Thank you!