Courtesy of HGTV
Preserve memories of your favorite people with framed silhouettes. Popular since Victorian times, they have an elegant, sophisticated look but are a snap to create.
Materials and Tools:
- photo clearly showing the profile of a subject's head and shoulders
- utility knife
- black paper (the size of the photo)
- solid-color or patterned background paper (size of the frame)
- glue stick
- Choose a photo that clearly shows the subject's profile. The more contrast between the face and background the better. Tip: A great way to create this contrast is to photograph the subject in front of a bright light.
- Using scissors and/or a utility knife, cut around the head and shoulders shape in the photograph to create a template.
- Trace the template onto the black paper and cut out the silhouette. Then glue the cut-out shape to the background paper and place in frame.
Check back for more great framing and artwork ideas over the next couple of weeks from your friends at Interior Design!
Your kind contribution will allow us to continue sharing great, no cost and cost saving ideas for your space. Click the "Donate" button below to make a contribution. Thank you!