Courtesy of Emily Roemmich
You'll be ready for that goodnight kiss with these homemade candy heart mints. For an extra-special touch, incorporate your sweetheart's favorite color or flavoring. These homemade candy hearts will surely impress your valentine.
Get the recipe here..
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon vegetable shortening
- 1-2 teaspoons peppermint extract
- food coloring (optional)
- 2-3 tablespoons hot water
- 1/2 pound powdered sugar
- edible glitter (optional)
1. Mix ingredients in order.
2. Add 1 tablespoon of hot water at a time until the mixture can easily be rolled into a ball without being too sticky.
3. Roll each color into a ball and place on a cutting board with powdered sugar. Roll out each ball flat until it's approximately 1/4-inch thick.
4. Wait 10-15 minutes before cutting out the hearts.
5. Dip your cookie cutter in powdered sugar and cut out each heart.
6. Sprinkle with edible glitter, if desired.
7. Wait an additional 10-15 minutes before removing the hearts from the surrounding dough.
8. Store in an airtight container.
Yields: Approximately 75 mints
Such a refreshing addition to your Valentine treats...
Happy Valentine's Day!
Check back for more great Valentine ideas from your friends at Interior Design!
Your kind contribution will allow us to continue sharing great, no cost and cost saving ideas for your space. Click the "Donate" button below to make a contribution. Thank you!