Courtesy of Gaby Dalkin
Happy Thanksgiving Friends,
A combination of three tasty cheeses — white Cheddar, Gruyère and Swiss — make this mac 'n' cheese a creamy comfort food that's destined to become a go-to indulgence that's sure to please even the pickiest palate. Get the recipe below:
What's better on a chilly fall day than comforting homemade creamy mac 'n' cheese with three different cheeses? The white Cheddar, gruyère and Swiss cheese mixture in this dish makes it a total crowd-pleaser.
- 5 cups 2 percent milk
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 cups shredded sharp white Cheddar cheese
- 1-1/2 cup shredded gruyère cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 pound pasta
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
1. Preheat oven to 375° F.
2. Spray a large casserole dish with nonstick spray and set aside.
3. In a medium saucepan, warm the milk over medium heat.
4. In a large skillet, melt the butter. Once the butter has melted and starts to slightly brown and bubble, add the flour and whisk until the flour is fully incorporated.
5. Continue to whisk and add the hot milk slowly. Whisk for about 10 minutes until the milk and flour mixture has thickened.
6. Remove from heat and add the salt, nutmeg, pepper, cayenne, white Cheddar, gruyère and Swiss cheeses. Stir to combine until the mixture is smooth. Set aside.
7. Place a large pot of water on the stove to boil.
8. Cook the pasta 1 minute short according to the package directions. Drain the pasta and then rinse with cold water. Stir the pasta into the cheese mixture, then pour the pasta into the prepared casserole dish.
9. Sprinkle the top with the breadcrumbs and bake for about 25-30 minutes until the edges just begin to brown. Remove from oven and let sit for a few minutes before serving.
Check back for more great ideas from your friends at Interior Design!
Your kind contribution will allow us to continue sharing great, no cost and cost saving ideas for your space. Click the "Donate" button below to make a contribution. Thank you!