By: Molly Ashton
From: Kim Stoegbauer
Happy Thanksgiving Friends,
Sweet and gooey, this recipe is a fall favorite for kids and adults alike. Whip up a big batch for your Thanksgiving get-together; these are sure to disappear quickly. Get the recipe below:
- 7-8 large yams
- 1 stick butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- approximately 20 large marshmallows (optional)
1. In a large pot of water, boil yams until almost fork tender. Tip: Do not over-boil; a little on the firm side is better than too soft.
2. Remove yams from water and set aside to cool.
3. Once cool, remove skins. Cut yams into approximately 1-2 inch cubes, keeping the size consistent.
4. In a large sauté pan, melt butter, then add brown sugar and stir to mix.
5. Add the cubed yams, cooking on medium/low heat, stirring often until the sauce caramelizes.
6. After about 10 minutes, add large marshmallows and continue to cook on low heat so the marshmallows melt into the caramelized mixture. Simmer on very low heat until ready to serve.
Check back for more great ideas from your friends at Interior Design!
Your kind contribution will allow us to continue sharing great, no cost and cost saving ideas for your space. Click the "Donate" button below to make a contribution. Thank you!