Monday, March 7, 2016
Matcha Green Tea Gimlet Recipe
Courtesy of Sam Henderson
Give your St. Patrick's Day outfit the full effect with a green cocktail in hand. Sweet matcha powder, lime, simple syrup and gin combine to create a drink that's sweet, tart and incredibly delicious. The grassy notes of the matcha balance perfectly with the flowery botanicals of the London dry gin in this very "green" cocktail. It's a bit tart, a bit sweet, a bit unusual and very tasty.
Get the recipe below:
Simple Syrup Recipe
Combine equal parts water and sugar in a saucepan. Bring to a slow boil while continuously stirring until all sugar has dissolved. Recommend starting with one cup. Let cool and bottle. This should keep in your fridge for about a month or so.
1 tablespoon sweet matcha powder (found at specialty grocers)
3 ounces water
juice of 1 small lime (1 ounce)
1/2 ounce simple syrup
2 1/2 ounces London dry gin
1. In a separate glass, mix 1 tablespoon sweet matcha powder with 3 ounces of water. Stir vigorously to combine.
2. Juice your small lime into green tea mixture.
3. Add 1/2 ounce simple syrup to green tea mixture.
4. Add ice to your cocktail shaker.
5. Combine your green tea mixture with 2 1/2 ounces of gin in the cocktail shaker.
6. Quickly swirl cocktail shaker until the outside becomes icy and cold.
7. Strain drink into your favorite martini glass.
Nothing says St. Patrick's Day quite like whiskey, dry stouts and a splash of green. Impress partygoers with tasty desserts, cocktails and side dishes that infuse Irish ingredients with traditional flavors. Check back over the next couple weeks for more green recipes...
Happy St. Patrick's Day...
Check back for more great St. Patrick's Day recipes from your friends at Interior Design!
Your kind contribution will allow us to continue sharing great, no cost and cost saving ideas for your space. Click the "Donate" button below to make a contribution. Thank you!