Courtesy of Sam Henderson
Happy Thanksgiving Friends,
The classic club sandwich is heightened by substituting deli cuts with leftover roasted turkey. Continue the holiday theme with a bit of cranberry mayo for one delicious sandwich.
- 2 slices wide bread
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon whole cranberry sauce
- 2-3 thick slices roasted turkey
- 2-3 slices cheddar cheese
- 4-5 slices tomato
- curly leaf lettuce
- 4 strips cooked bacon
- salt and pepper to taste
- Combine the cranberry sauce and mayonnaise in a small bowl. Stir to fully blend.
- Toast both sides of the bread in a long toaster or under your oven's broiler. Stack the sandwich beginning with a slice of toast topped with a thin layer of cranberry mayonnaise.
- Add turkey, cheese, tomato and lettuce. Add another slice of toast topped with a thin layer of cranberry mayonnaise. Add bacon, more turkey (if desired), cheese, tomato, and lettuce. Add salt and pepper to taste. Spread a thin layer of cranberry mayonnaise on the last slice of toast and top the sandwich.
- Press the sandwich down gently and poke a short skewer or long toothpick through each half of the sandwich. Cut the sandwich in half with a serrated knife, using a sawing motion to prevent displacing the ingredients. Serve immediately.
Check back for more great ideas from your friends at Interior Design!
Your kind contribution will allow us to continue sharing great, no cost and cost saving ideas for your space. Click the "Donate" button below to make a contribution. Thank you!