Courtesy of HGTV
Happy Thanksgiving Friends,
This centerpiece for your holiday table looks good enough to eat.
Ingredients and Materials:
- cone-shaped colander
- rolling pin
- aluminum foil
- vegetable oil spray
- 2 loaves of frozen bread dough
- egg wash (used as paste)
- cooking brush
- Wrap the colander with aluminum foil and spray with vegetable oil.
- Let the frozen dough thaw overnight in the fridge. Roll one loaf of bread flat with rolling pin, and drape dough over colander. Join dough edges together with egg wash, and then cover the entire dough surface with egg wash.
- Roll out the second loaf of bread and cut it into strips approximately 1-inch wide. Position strips of dough lengthwise along the cone shape, tucking the dough ends inside the colander. Create the basketweave design by lacing in strips of dough widthwise.
- Twist dough ends together to make the cornucopia's curling end. Apply egg wash on the entire surface, which will give a glossy sheen to the cornucopia once it's baked. Bake at 400 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes or until the surface is golden brown.
Check back for more great ideas from your friends at Interior Design!
Your kind contribution will allow us to continue sharing great, no cost and cost saving ideas for your space. Click the "Donate" button below to make a contribution. Thank you!