Compliments of Culture CheatSheet
Not your grandmothers casserole recipe but one you can share with her...
Prep time 30 Min Total time 1 Hr Serves 4-6
- 1 1/2 pounds spinach, chopped
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 large Bushel Boy Bubba tomatoes, sliced
- 1 1/2 cups ricotta cheese
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Put spinach in a saucepan with water and a little salt. Cook for 2-3 minutes until soft, then drain well and place in a bowl.
- Grease a casserole dish with a little butter. Melt the remaining butter in a pan, add onion and garlic and cook until soft. Stir into the spinach and mix well.
- Layer half the spinach, half the tomatoes and half the ricotta in the casserole dish. Repeat the layers, seasoning each layer with salt and pepper. Sprinkle Parmesan over the top.
- Cover the casserole and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Remove lid and return to the oven for another 10 minutes to brown the top.
Check back for more great ideas from your friends at Interior Design!
Your kind contribution will allow us to continue sharing great, no cost and cost saving ideas for your space. Click the "Donate" button below to make a contribution. Thank you!